Last year, I spent a week with 500 servants of the Lord who are shepherding churches in the villages of North India, a place that has been known historically
as “the graveyard of missionaries”
because it is so closed to the gospel.
I shook the hands of men who have beaten and disowned from their families and thrown in prison for the sake of preaching the gospel.
Through the faithfulness of Finny Mathews and men like him, that graveyard is becoming a vineyard, and there is a mighty movement of God there, with people coming
to Christ by the thousands and more and more churches being planted.
Jesus, the good shepherd, is turning people from the worthlessness of false shepherds as He promised He would.
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life
and have it abundantly.
I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep.
One of the blessings of being in India was hearing the vice-chancellor of the University of Jerusalem present a beautiful portrayal of Jesus, our Shepherd. I’ve
received his permission to share his words with you. Here’s what he said:
When you study Nature, you will find out facts about the greatness of our Shepherd
Our shepherd is
1. The great Astronomer.
– Expert in the matters of space
2. The greatest Chemist.
3. The greatest Physicist.
4. The greatest Psychologist.
– Expert is the knowledge of human mind
5. The greatest Mathematician.
6. The greatest Geologist.
– Expert in knowledge of earth
7. The greatest Horticulturist.
– Expert in the knowledge of garden and forest
8. The greatest Hydrologist.
9. The greatest Architect.
– Expert in building designs and building construction
10. The greatest Artist.
11. The greatest Poet.
12. The greatest Manager.
13. The greatest Engineer
… and so on.
From the Bible we find the following greatness of our Shepherd:
1. In Chemistry,
He turned water into wine.
2. In Biology,
He was born of a virgin.
3. In Economics,
He multiplied 5 Loaves & 2 Fish and fed over 5,000 people.
4. In Physics,
He overcame the law of gravity by ascending into Heaven.
5. In History,
He is the beginning and the End.
6. In Politics,
government shall be upon His shoulders.
7. In Religion,
no one comes to God the Father except through Him.
8. He used
the dust to create human beings.
9. He used
a rod to divide a sea.
10. He used
a pebble to bring down a giant.
11. He used
a crow to feed a great prophet.
12. He used
2 wooden blocks and 3 nails to deliver the entire mankind.
13. He had no servants, yet they called him
14. He had no degrees, yet they call Him
15. He had no medicine, yet they call Him
16. He had no army, yet Kings feared Him.
17. He won no military battles, yet He conquered the world.
18. He committed no crime, yet they crucified Him.
19. He was buried in a tomb, yet He rose again and lives even today.
20. Zoologists call Him,
Lion of Judah.
21. Horticulturists call Him,
Tree Of Life.
22. Agriculturists call Him, the
23. Geologists call Him,
Rock Of Ages.
24. Publishers call Him,
Author Of Faith.
25. Professors call Him,
Wisdom Of God.
26. Prisoners call Him
27. Beauticians call Him,
Fairest Of Ten Thousand.
28. He is
CHRIST, who is Lord of Lords and King of Kings whom the Heaven of Heavens cannot contain.
29. Those who can say,
“I have the experience of calling Him my
Saviour” are His blessed Children.
30. Those who have accepted Him as
Lord are blessed Sons & Daughters.
31. Those who follow Him as their
Master will receive eternal rewards.
Have a great day and keep moving forward!